Fall's Splendor as your Wedding Decor
Summer is over and it is now time to turn to fall. Trees are turning to the beautiful colors of dark orange, yellow and gold while the flowers change to deep hues of Aubergine, rusts and reds. This is a perfect time of year to host a wedding.
Follow nature and design your wedding around the deep hues, tons of texture and lovely metallic accents. Feature a color palette using more formal colors such as Aubergine and Copper or Merlot Red with Gold. Create stunning centerpieces of beautiful birch branches with leaves bursting from them.
A fall centerpiece should include texture:
- Use fresh fruit and vegetable to accent your flowers.
- Tuck beautiful cut figs, baby eggplants, squash and nuts in between the flowers.
- Use berries and classic magnolia leaves and acorns to add additional texture to a centerpiece.
- Use a fantastic white pumpkin as your container and design your centerpiece with fall colors. The pumpkin should be spilling with orchids, rust roses, dahlias and magnolia leaves.
Use fresh treated leaves to border the aisle runner. Place hurricane candles in beautiful silver lanterns down the aisle.
You can even take the fall theme into your food choices:
- Pumpkin Bisque with brunoise of pumpkin and candied toasted pumpkin seed. This can be served in a mini pumpkin atop a grapevine wreath.
- Caramel Apple Cider Martini with a thin apple slice on the edge of the glass
- Plum Champagne with Champagne and Plum Wine
- Do a fall themed lollipop station with:
- Individual bite size caramel apples dipped in crunch nuts
- Mini Popcorn balls with candied almonds
- Mini warm cinnamon doughnut holes
- Leaf shaped cookies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Marzipan Shaped Acorns
Source: Jennifer Anderson, Photography courtesy of KingenSmith